Thursday, May 28, 2009

Aw, shucks!

Amanda Nolz sends me a message on my email each and every morning. Ok...maybe she sends it to all of the readers of the Beef Daily blog. But she likes me best...

Nolz, who is a stellar young lady and a fifth-generation rancher from Mitchell, SD, and a recent South Dakota State University graduate. She is the editor of the Beef Daily blog and covers a variety of industry issues. You've just go to love this girl. She, as my mother would say, has a lot on the ball.

Nolz recently sponsored a livestock photography contest and you know I had to enter! Coach teased me mercilessly about submitting a photo of Caden with baby pig, Jenny, to the Beef Daily blog contest. Mercilessly, I tell you.

I was hauling water to the cattle tank that is below the stupid windmill that we can't seem to fix (bitter? me? no...) when I had a chance to read Nolz's blog and saw that I won reserve champion honors. We'll see who is laughing when I hang the gorgeous cattle-themed print in our home. Take that, Coach.

Nolz's blog can be found at http://blog.beefmagazine.com/beef_daily/2009/05/28/beef-daily-summer-photography-contest-winners/ and you really should take a peek at the winner from Minnesota. The photo is fantastic!

As for me, Coach's livestock judging contest is Saturday in Hugo and I'm off to set up panels and other exciting tasks. Thanks, Amanda!

No comments: