Monday, May 11, 2009

Rachel the Showpig

One of our livestock judging kids is the 8-year old daughter of one of the best livestock judges to hail from Lincoln County. She is cute and can give a set of reasons that will make you sit up and take notice.
Mikayla shows a number of species but I am, of course, the most interested in her pigs. It sounds like she has a pair of nearly every breed around. She's serious about this showpig thing.
She found me in Sterling after the judging contest to tell me that she has a pair of Durocs to show this year.
She went on to tell me that they are the same color as my hair. I asked what she named them and she replied with a shy grin that she named one Rachel.
I asked if she had named one of her show pigs after me and she grinned and nodded a yes. I've never been so flattered!
I hope Rachel the Showpig does well this year!

No comments: